The Regional Equity Initiative brings together a vibrant assortment of organizations that are committed to promoting equity, justice, and community welfare in the Central Coast, in California, and in the United States. The following are links to a some of these organizations, data pertinent to equity and social justice, as well as resources we have created to advance equity for all.
Central Coast Regional Equity Study Mini Reports
The Mini Reports are a series of documents that highlight and focus on one social issue in particular using the text and figures from the greater Central Coast Regional Equity Study. The Central Coast Regional Equity Initiative team created these reports in an effort to make organizing and advocacy efforts easier and, for the report as a whole, more accessible.
Disparities in Connectivity
Central Coast Regional Equity Study Infographics
The Infographics are social media style graphics accompanied by sample text that give a brief look into a specific topic in the larger Central Coast Regional Equity Study. The Central Coast Regional Equity Initiative team created these infographics in an effort to expand awareness of the specific issues highlighted and of the study on a larger scale.
- Beyond Land Acknowledgment: A Guide – This guide is based on content contributed during an event held by Native Governance Center on moving beyond land acknowledgment on August 25, 2021.
- Community Reports & Data Center at Community Foundation San Luis Obispo – A curated collection of reports from San Luis Obispo County, which include data and resources from local organizations on a variety of issue areas.
- Equity, Growth, and Community What the Nation Can Learn from America’s Metro Areas, by Chris Benner and Manuel Pastor – A book that investigates diverse and dynamic epistemic communities’ importance in building metropolitan regions and the ability they have to achieve more sustainable and equitable growth.
- PolicyLink – Working to advance policies to enable everyone to participate in an equitable economy, live in a community of opportunity, and thrive in a just society.
- Racial Equity Tools – Offering tools, research, tips, curricula, and ideas for people who want to increase their understanding and help those working for racial justice at every level.
- SCAG Racial Equity Resource Hub – Strategic Growth Council’s one-stop-shop of resources, best practices, and tools to help agencies, organizations, and individuals advance racial equity.
- CalEnviroScreen – data on environmental health in California.
- Healthy Places Index – a project of 10 California Public Health Departments (including Santa Barbara and Ventura) to bring wide-ranging data to bear on health conditions and disparities
- National Equity Atlas – provides a variety of measures on key equity indicators at the national, state, region, city, and county levels
- Santa Barbara County 2022 Homeless Point-in-Time County & Survey – survey and demographic data on unhoused individuals living in Santa Barbara County.