The Regional Equity Initiative brings together a vibrant assortment of organizations that are committed to promoting equity, justice, and community welfare in the Central Coast, in California, and in the United States. The following are links to a some of these organizations. We also provide links to additional data pertinent to equity and social justice.
Central Coast Regional Equity Study Core Organizations
- The FUND For Santa Barbara
- The UCSB Blum Center on Poverty, Inequality, and Democracy
- The USC Dornsife Equity Research Institute
Central Coast Regional Equity Study Contributors
- Cal Lutheran Center for Economics of Social Issues (CESI)
- Central Coast Alliance United for A Sustainable Economy (CAUSE)
- Community Environmental Council
- Cottage Health
- First 5 Santa Barbara County
- Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
- The James S. Bower Foundation
- McCune Foundation
- Northern Santa Barbara County United Way
- Santa Barbara City College Foundation
- Santa Barbara Foundation
- SCAG Racial Equity Resource Hub – Strategic Growth Council’s one-stop-shop of resources, best practices, and tools to help agencies, organizations, and individuals advance racial equity.
- PolicyLink – Working to advance policies to enable everyone to participate in an equitable economy, live in a community of opportunity, and thrive in a just society.
- Racial Equity Tools – Offering tools, research, tips, curricula, and ideas for people who want to increase their understanding and help those working for racial justice at every level.
Articles, Books, & Guides
- Beyond Land Acknowledgment: A Guide – This guide is based on content contributed during an event held by Native Governance Center on moving beyond land acknowledgment on August 25, 2021.
- Equity, Growth, and Community What the Nation Can Learn from America’s Metro Areas, by Chris Benner and Manuel Pastor – A book that investigates diverse and dynamic epistemic communities’ importance in building metropolitan regions and the ability they have to achieve more sustainable and equitable growth.
- CalEnviroScreen – data on environmental health in California.
- Healthy Places Index – a project of 10 California Public Health Departments (including Santa Barbara and Ventura) to bring wide-ranging data to bear on health conditions and disparities
- National Equity Atlas – provides a variety of measures on key equity indicators at the national, state, region, city, and county levels
- Santa Barbara County 2022 Homeless Point-in-Time County & Survey – survey and demographic data on unhoused individuals living in Santa Barbara County.